10 reasons Breck is the best
1. Unbeatable terrain - Ski as a family on Peak 9, split off and practice your moguls on Peak 8 or dip into the perfectly spaced trees on Peak 6. Peak 7 beginner roller runs to black diamond Peak 10 rippers, Breckenridge Ski Resort’s five sprawling peaks aim to please.
2. Tricked out parks - Breckenridge ups the adrenaline quota with four award-winning terrain parks and a 22-foot superpipe – one of the world’s largest – built for boys and girls who like to go big.
3. Awesome après - In town or on the mountain, Colorado beer or handcrafted cocktails, heaping plates of nachos or thoughtful epicurean small plates, leather boots or ski boots…you get the picture. The scene you’re thirsting for is here.
4. So family friendly - On-mountain childcare, accessible lessons for any age, kid-friendly events and restaurants and a slopeside winter alpine coaster are just the tip of the kiddo-pleasing amenities.
5. Top-notch teachers - Looking to polish your steep carving or powder skiing? Or maybe it’s your first time on a snowboard and you want to nail the basics. Breckenridge Ski & Snowboard School has a lesson for every age and ability, along with some unique specialty classes like Lindsey Vonn’s Ski Girls Rock.
6. Fast lifts - Breck’s 34 chairlifts span high-speed quads and six-seaters, and during peak vacation times and on epic powder days, the lift lines stay swift, carrying eager skiers to 2,908 acres of premier terrain.
7. Status: Connected - Breck’s social media gurus deliver what you need. Read the blog for tips and tricks, get the morning glory shot and daily powder updates on Facebook, and stay on top of terrain as it opens by following @BreckConditions on Twitter.
8. A town with serious heart - Locals and guests rub elbows at annual celebrations like Dew Tour and Ullr Fest. Year-round, eclectic Main Street shops, coffee spots, spas, dog parks, happy hours and steakhouses, a free bus system and so much more thrive among Breck’s mining past and Victorian charm.
9. Black diamond thrills - On the flip side of Breck’s kid-friendly coin lies a gnarly serving of expert terrain. Hit hike-to bowls and chutes on Peak 6, shred the tree-loaded Burn, go waist-deep in Ore Bucket, and make your own path down Horseshoe Bowl.
10. Laid-back to luxe lodging - At the end of the day, it’s all about the R&R. Lift-side with private hot tubs or close to the action in town, Breck’s lodging options are vast and impressive. Use this handy lodging finder to lock down your ideal space.